New look, new year! (Please don’t read this blog with Internet Explorer. Shut that thing down! We haven’t figured out why the layout screws up so badly in IE!)
It’s been a very hectic December, hence my absence from the blog. This morning in my Facbeook newsfeed, I saw quite a few people who seemed as relieved as me that 2012 is finally over. I couldn’t agree more. It was a hard year – at least, much harder than I had expected.
I don’t know what I was expecting, exactly, but my journey to “rehabilitate” back into society with a career and a home seemed to run into obstacles constantly throughout 2012. It took me two more months than I planned to even move to England, and from there it was seriously like one delay just pushed something else to be delayed, broken, or on strike. I was ready to give up. Then the year ended, thankfully.
2012 kind of messed around with some of my goals, and I’m being harsh on myself by not reflecting on the year and the way it turned out. The only thing that I really love about 2012 is the time I had to spend with family and friends. I had a lot of time to hang out with my mom and I went on fantastic trips with friends / to see friends.
So I can honestly say I’m really looking forward to 2013. It feels like a clean break with the past, of broken ovens, a horrible landlord (no doubt he’ll still drive us crazy until our lease ends), missing sofa legs, missing shipments, missed job opportunities, sad days when I miss family and friends in Canada, etc.
A few select goals that I thought I’d share on the blog –
- Travel to two – three more new countries
- Read what’s on my bookshelves and not buy any books until the year is halfway over!
- Actually start training for a half marathon in April, for a race in Autumn
- Follow a more regimented plan to get my blogging and social media in order
- Keep a good sleeping schedule – those dark circles under my eyes freak me out every time I look at my reflection on the train in the Tube!
Happy New Year!